School is back in and summer is coming to an end, but this watermelon smoothie from the Minimalist Baker will bring back memories of warm summer nights and picnics.
In addition, watermelon has a significant amount of lycopene as well as vitamin C. It is also is a good source of pantothenic acid, biotin, copper, potassium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and magnesium.
So What are you waiting for? Grab a watermelon, a blender and your Squeasy and make this delicious and nutritious smoothie.
- 1 1/2 cups (240 g) fresh watermelon, cubed (black seeds removed)
- 1 cup (120 g) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 ripe banana (50 g), previously peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup (120-180 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 lime, juiced (~30 ml)
- 1 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or more frozen strawberries or ice to thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lime for acidity, banana for sweetness, or watermelon for a more intense watermelon flavor.
- Serves 2 - top with additional chia seeds to mock watermelon seeds! Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Source: Minimalist Baker